Race time! Battle of the Paddle Qatar 2019 May 18th
Welcome to the 4th Season of the SUP Races organized by Blue Pearl!
The Blue Pearl Battle of the Paddle aims to bring paddlers together from our community that has been growing at an incredible pace since 2012.
This time is a fantastic opportunity for paddlers to get together, to challenge each other, connect over fun times! And maybe even discuss your gear!
Blue Pearl is proud to be hosting this race and believes in bringing paddlers together to enjoy the fantastic surrounding waterways of The Pearl-Qatar.
Blue Pearl as the host of the event will provide the launch location, organization, refereeing and hydration refill at our base! Please make sure you prepare for the race with care –hydration pack, cap, sunblock are strongly recommended for an enjoyable race.T
See you on the water! Team Blue Pearl
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE RACE
TIME OF RACE 18th May 2019 Saturday
SIGN-UP Between 6.15 – 6.45 am on location ( no sign ups prior to race)
RACE START 7am
LOCATION Porto Arabia Gate 22, Blue Pearl Experience HQ
SUPPORTERS Supporters are welcome to follow the race from on the boardwalk, entry to the marina only for participants in the race.
Please carefully read terms & conditions of the race below, for your safety and the safety of others, all participants are to adhere to the below without exception.
- Participation in the race is free of charge
- Participation with own boards or using Blue Pearl school equipment (available to Blue Pearl Loyalty Card holders with SUP Level 2 training exclusively)
- Sign-ups are open from intermediate level only. Paddlers must have water confidence, basic water safety knowledge and solid paddle fitness to be able to complete the race safely
- All participants are to sign Blue Pearl’s disclaimer Waiver form prior to the start of the race
- In respect of the Holy Month of Ramadan all participants are requested to wear long shorts, t-shirt/rashguard for the race. Hydration & water refill will be possible inside our base
Participation with own SUP or Kayak equipment:
- Leashes are a must for all SUP participants
- Buoyancy aids are a must for all kayak/ surf-ski participants
- Participants bringing boards/kayaks from outside of the marina are to enter through Gate 22 from 6.15 until 6.45am. Late comers will unfortunately not be admitted due to time constraints. Boards/kayaks are to be removed from the marina after the race by 9am.
Participation in the race using Blue Pearl school equipment:
- BP race set (board, paddle, leash) are available for use free of charge for the duration of the race exclusively for Blue Pearl Loyalty Card clients who have completed L2 sessions with Blue Pearl in 2018-19
- Equipment is allocated on a first come first serve basis
- Participants are to submit their ID as a deposit for the equipment
- QAR 500 is chargeable in case of severe damage to equipment such as but not limited to – broken paddle, cracked board.